Probably territorial psychology is the best way of handling your problem.
If someone comes into your ofice unannouced:
a) Treat it as though some crisis must be imminent
b) Come out from behind your desk, so your colleague gets no further into the room
c) Deal with your colleague while you stand at the door
d) Don’t give your colleague(s) the opportunity to start feeling at home in your office
If there is a knock at your door, go outside to see what it’s all about. Don’t invite them into your office. This will imply:
1. You are busy
2. That your office is where serious work gets done – you prefer to chat when you’re on a coffee break or during lunch hours
You can’t always avoid your colleagues, and it would be unusual if you didn’t enjoy the occasional exchange of confidences. But do it on your terms. If they approach you, smile and say, “I’m very busy for now – how about if I come to see you in about an hour?
By going to their work space, you get what you want from them, while retainng the power to cut the meeting short when you wish.
Posted in Attitude, Body Language, Conflict, Emotions, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership, Life, Lifestyle, People, Positive Outlook, Success, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success | Tagged Attitude, Caareer, Career and Business, Emotions, Job Success, Life, Success, territorial psychology, The Art of Living for Cool & Classy People, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Important Facts to Remember As You Grow Older:
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
- Death is the number 1 killer in the world.
- Life is sexually transmitted.
- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last that long.
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
- Give a person a fish and you feed them for the day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won’t bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
- In the 1960’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.
- Enjoy life and laugh often ….. life doesn’t last forever, so make the most of your one and only life.
Smart, Cool & Classy People – The Coaching Center for Mind & Body Success
Posted in Attitude, Body Language, Cool & Classy People, Core set of beliefs, Dream, Emotions, Health and Image, Healthy Eating, Ideal Society, Inner Wisdom, Kissing, Laughter, Learning, Life, Lifestyle, Lifetime, Love, Miracles, Partner, People, Positive Outlook, Relationships Love, Success, Youth | Tagged Age, Attitude, choices, Coaching For Smart Cool and Classy People, Cool & Classy People, Creativity, Death, Emotions, fantasies, Health, humor, Kissing, Laughter, Life, Lifestyle, Miracles, Smart, Success, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, the world, Weight | Leave a Comment »
The Coaching Center … for Smart, Stylish, Cool & Classy People
It ‘s impossible to say. There are no rules applicable to everyone – every person works to his/her own body rhythm.
- Some people become very energetic in the afternoon, or evening
- Some do their best work after their first cup of coffee, tea, etc., but start to fade before lunchtime
- Some suffer from post-lunch fatigue – which is a good time to deal with boring and/or routine items
What you need to do is to identify your prime time – to chart your daily temperature cycle Navigate Life’s Challenges – and use it profitably.
Posted in Attitude, Body Language, Career Success, Creativity, Emotions, Exercise, Goals, Harmony, Health and Image, Learning, Life, Lifestyle, Living Well, People, Personality Traits, Positive Outlook, Romance, Self-image, Style, Success, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success | Tagged Attitude, body rhythm, choices, Emotions, energy, fatigue, Fun, Happiness, Job Success, Life, Lifestyle, Living Well, Success, The Art of Living for Cool & Classy People, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Sweet Dreams are made of this – Eurythmics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
Garbage-Free Day – Garbage Truck Theory – Law of the Garbage Truck
One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, “Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!’ This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, ‘The Law of the Garbage Truck.’
He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they’ll dump it on you.
- Don’t take it personally.
- Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on.
- Don’t take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so …
- Love the people who treat you right.
- Forgive & Forget the ones who don’t.
- Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it!
HAVE A GARBAGE-FREE DAY !!
Eat Your Way To Brain Health – Follow the Mediterranean or the MIND diets and your mind will be sharper in 6 months! What makes these diets so powerful? Key foods within them have different brain-boosting benefits. Emphasize even a few of these and your brain will thank you for years to come.
- Olive oil, green tea and leafy greens (broccoli, kale and spinach)
- Beets, tomatoes and avocados
- Nuts (especially walnuts), curcumin and pomegranates
- Fish, blueberries, grapes, coffee and dark chocolate
Did You Know?
- 59% of women have felt regret about not having been more ambitious at some point in their lives!
- Most people of both genders would choose true love over reaching the top of their chosen field. Go Love!!
- 5 in 10 mothers say they are more ambitious on behalf of their kids than on their own behalf
- Great 20th century migrations: With an estimated 1 in every 122 people on earth now displaced according to the U.N., there are currently more people fleeing violence or persecution than at any other time since World War II.
- The only way to succeed in making change possible is when millions and millions of people stand up and decide to engage. Don’t ever be afraid to do the right thing and stand up for your rights as well as the rights of your fellow citizens. Fight for your kids and your parents and your siblings and your friends. Fight for your planet. Fight for the future of your country.
WHAT WE LOVE:
- EPA & PESTICIDE PROTECTION: Pesticide protections were updated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the first time since 1992. … what took them so long???? The rules – which take effect in 2016 – set a minimum age of 18 for workers handling pesticides, raise standards for training and protective gear, and protect whistle-blowers. Farms in the United States use more than 900 million pounds of pesticides annually!!!!!
- Jobs Programs: Some of our elected officials propose investing $1 trillion in infrastructure and start a $5.5 billion youth jobs program, which is estimated would create a total of 14 million new jobs. Support these elected officials and vote for them!
- Freshen Your Air Naturally: Don’t use the toxic air fresheners that you buy at the supermarket. Instead, add a natural scent to the air. What to do: Put a pint of water in a saucepan on your stove, and heat until it’s almost boiling. Add one-quarter teaspoon of a spice (cinnamon, ginger or clove). turn down the heat, and let the water simmer for about 10 minutes. The gentle scent will diffuse through your home without leaving any toxins behind.
- Cruises: North Americans book more cruises than Europeans, Asians, and Australians combined (58.6%, 25.9%, 8.5%, and 4.3% respectively) … By sea, by plane, by train, by bus, by car, on foot …. whichever method works best for you … travel, travel, travel and see the great big beautiful world!
- What a Wonderful World – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE Over the Rainbow – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I
WHAT WE LIKE A LOT LESS:
- Hunger & Poverty: Mississippi has long struggled to improve its image, its economy, and its below-average schools. It is the poorest state in the nation, with nearly 1 in 3 of its children living below the poverty line. Children in the richest country in the world go hungry … that is a tragedy. What is our government doing to combat hunger and poverty in the USA? Contact your local elected officials and ask them what they are doing so that every American child has sufficient food!
- BPA – Bisphenol A: 90% of Americans whose bodies contain bisphenol A (BPA), a known endocrine disruptor!!!! BPA is linked to increased risk of infertility heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and breast and prostate cancer. Children and infants may be especially vulnerable to its effects. Polycarbonate plastics used in refillable water bottles, food can linings, electronics, CDs, DVDs, cars, planes, dental sealants and thermal paper, such as ATM receipts. Why do our elected officials allow this to happen????? Strict rules should be enacted by elected officials to outlaw BPA products!!!!
- Harmful compounds in products: You may be surprised to learn that manufacturers of cleaning and laundry supplies a well as air fresheners are not required to inform consumers of the potentially harmful compounds found in their products!! Petition your local elected official to change the laws and protect American citizens!
Our coaching transforms your Mind & Body into powerful communicators
Coaching for …. Cool, Classy, Stylish, Clever People
Our clients come to us to be entertained, to learn, to enrich their lives, to become confident. Because when confidence and self-esteem is high, anything seems possible.
Posted in Anger, Attitude, Body Language, Conflict, Core set of beliefs, Diversity, Emotions, Failure, Fear, Goals, Happiness, Harmony, Health and Image, Ideal Society, Interpersonal Skills, Laughter, Learning, Life, Lifestyle, Love, Mistakes, Pain, People, Personality Traits, Positive Outlook, Potential, Rage, Relationships, Resilience, Sadness, Self-image, Stress, Success, Sufferance, Support, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, Trust, Worry, Youth | Tagged air, air fresheners, Anger, Attitude, bottom line, BPA, bus, car, Charm, cheese, cinnamon, Clever, clove, Coaching For Smart Cool and Classy People, Cool, cruises, Diet, Disappointment, Emotions, Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, farms, Fat, Food, forget, forgive, forgiveness, France, Frustration, garbage, ginger, Harm, harmful, Hunger, infrastructure, Jobs, Laughter, laundry, Life, Lifestyle, Love, Miracles, money, pesticide, planes, Poverty, Regrets, relationships, Smart People, smile, Style, Success, successful, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, toxic, train, Travel, Walk, water, whistle-blowers, world | 1 Comment »
- Lady Astor: “The only thing I like about rich people is their money.”
- Voltaire: “Animals have these advantages over man: They never hear the clock strike, they die without any idea of death, their last moments are not disturbed by unwelcome and unpleasant ceremonies, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills.
- Julius Caesar: Julius Caesar wore a crown of laurel to hide his increasing baldness.
- Gandhi: “We know all we need to know about a society when we see how they treat their animals.”
- Baudelaire: “Life is a hospital, in which each patient believes he will recover if he is moved to another bed.”
- Ari Onassis: “If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.”
- Camilla Al Fayed: “Jewelry empowers women. It makes them feel good.”
- Henry Kissinger: “One way to judge top diplomats is by their reaction to crises. Do they view them as challenges or burdens, opportunities or obstacles?” “The character of leaders is tested by their willingness to persevere in the face of uncertainty, to build for a future they can neither demonstrate nor fully discern.”
- Lauren Bacall: “My fantasies have changed. At one time, I made the mistake of becoming a pleasing machine to the men in my life. But what excites me now is the Katharine Hepburn school of relationships – that is, love someone but don’t marry him, don’t even live with him, let him live next door. What I want to be now is a great neighbor. Rhett butler and Heathcliff were the hot-blooded lovers, the heroes, in my earlier fantasies. I was just obsessed with those romantic characters and the women who obsessed them. I’ve always been attracted to and fantasized about, men who knew exactly what they wanted and, with brains and humor, went after it. Men with intelligent, poetic, incandescent minds.
- Eleanor Roosevelt: “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”
- Unknown: “You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.”
- Peanuts (Charlie Brown): “We’re supposed to write home to our parents and tell them what a great time we’re having here at the summer camp.” – ” Even if we’re not having fun?” – “Well, it’s sort of a white lie.” – “Lies come in colors?”
The Coaching Center for Smart, Cool & Classy People
Posted in Attitude, Creativity, Dream, Emotions, Fame, Famous People, Happiness, Harmony, Life, Love, Marriage, Miracles, Money, Partner, People, Potential, Relationships, Relationships Love, Romance, Success, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success | Tagged Attitude, Charlie Brown, diplomats, Eleanor Roosevelt, Emotions, Fame, Famous people, fantasies, Gandhi, Henry Kissinger, heroes, humor, jewelry, Laughter, Lauren Bacall, money, romance, tea bags, The Coaching Center for Smart Cool & Classy People, uncertainty, women | 1 Comment »
The Importance of Being Visible
The different elements that make for long-term career success:-
- Performance: a mere 10%
- Image: 30%
- Exposure: 60%
Excellent job performance is expected – after all, that’s why you receive a salary. So that while doing your work well may win you salary increases, it won’t garner you the big promotion. Advancement more often depends on how many people know you and your work and how high up they are!
Our coaching transforms your Mind & Body into powerful communicators
Our clients come to us to be entertained, to learn, to enrich their lives. We believe that Living Well should be one of your main hobbies!
Posted in Attitude, Career Success, Charisma, Creativity, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success | Tagged Achievement, analyze strengths, Anger, Attitude, Brazil, career, Career and Business, Charisma, Confrontation, Confrontational, Creativity, Denmark, Emotions, France, Germany, Image, Ireland, Japan, job performance, Mexico, Netherlands, Salary, Spain, Success, Sweden, The Coaching Center For Mind & Body Success, visibility | Leave a Comment »